- Union of Concerned Scientists
A strategic plan for the evolving landscape of climate change, food production, and global security.
- World Wildlife Fund International
A new operating model to create impact in conservation.
- The Kresge Foundation
Evaluating the foundation’s approach to key programs, including the environment.
- See more environment projects >
- Climate change: Developing programmatic strategies to address climate change using philanthropic capital, investments, and advocacy tools.
- Sustainable agriculture: Identifying solutions to sustainable farming practices across a variety of crops, with a particular focus on smallholder farmers.
- Seafood sustainability: Helping international NGOs and corporations increase the sustainability of marine fisheries and aquaculture producers through work with industry, the supply chain, and policymakers.
- Energy efficiency and retrofitting: Developing innovative financing systems to spur the expansion of energy retrofits across municipal, commercial, and residential sectors.
- Green water infrastructure: Developing strategies to unleash the potential of green water infrastructure as a tool for water management, pollution control, cost savings, and the promotion of community vitality.
- Transportation and land use: Identifying strategies to support resource-efficient, affordable, and inclusive transportation design and land use.
- Sustainable food systems: Supporting the development of local, sustainable agriculture and the distribution system necessary to deliver fresh produce to urban communities.
Access to energy: Identifying strategies that help enable sustainable access to clean cooking fuels and electricity.
How We Work
- Strategy development: We help clients focus their activities, identify effective approaches, set goals, and align operations to maximize long-term environmental benefit.
- Strategic evaluation: We review programs and develop strategic learning and evaluation systems to generate timely, informative, and cost-effective insights.
- Collective impact: FSG helps build cross-sector collaborations and shared measurement systems that unite funders, nonprofits, governments, and corporations to achieve large-scale impact and to solve social problems in powerful new ways.
- Organizational alignment: FSG helps clients align their organizations and operations in support of their strategies to ensure that good intentions deliver real social impact.
Research and Tools
- Collective Impact
This Stanford Social Innovation Review article includes examples of coordinated cross-sector collaborations, including The Elizabeth River Project.
- Extracting with Purpose
Creating shared value in the oil, gas, and mining sectors’ companies and communities.
- See all environment publications >